Jobs @ Turo
Engineering Manager San Francisco, CA
Do you love solving problems at scale? Turo is the largest peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace in the world. Come join an ambitious team whose mission is to put the 1,200,000,000+ cars to better use: enabling owners to pay for their cars by sharing them when they are idle.
In 2018, we doubled our engineering team in San Francisco, and we are looking for a metrics-focused Engineering Manager to lead a diverse team of exceptional engineers. We believe in being transparent about the data that drives our organization, so that everyone is empowered to make meaningful decisions when leading their teams.
We like to hire people that represent our Turo values of being pioneering, efficient, down to earth, and most importantly, supportive.
What you'll do
- Collaborate extensively with engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver the next generation of product features.
- Provide technical mentorship to your team as we balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping them quickly.
- Work with your product manager to build a roadmap based upon key business metrics.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- We help engineers with their career growth by assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Work closely with the Turo recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- 2+ years of management experience
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- As a passionate and confident leader, you take pride and ownership in the work you and your team do.
- You have experience with architectural patterns and anti-patterns of large, high-scale consumer applications.
- You bias toward taking action, using the best available data to justify your actions and opinions, and make decisions that move the business forward.
- You can effectively hire, mentor, and develop career plans for engineers of all levels.
- You lead by example, holding yourself to the same standards you set for your team.
- You are a strong communicator: sharing knowledge upward, downward, and across the organization. You relish a regular cadence of one-on-one discussions with each team member.
- You have a proven understanding of business metrics and are able to suggest and scope product feature work to maximize the business impact.
- You enjoy solving complex problems and helping others meet their goals.
- Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, product managers, and engineers is no problem for you.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment of your choice
- Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, generous parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host earnings matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is a car sharing marketplace where travelers can book any car they want, wherever they want it, from a nationwide community of local car owners. Our mission is to reinvent the travel experience and put the world’s one billion cars to better use.
We’ve grown the business by over ten times in the past two years and raised over $200 million from investors like Daimler, SK Holdings, KPCB, Google Ventures, August Capital and Shasta Ventures.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Apply here.