Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates. In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
The host marketing team is seeking an empathetic and tech-savvy marketer to sit on cross functional host community team focused on host retention and success. This role will be responsible for partnering with key product, policy, platform, customer service (CX), and regional teams to oversee communications and campaigns targeted at Airbnb’s community of hosts worldwide. The role will serve as a champion for the host perspective inside Airbnb and will help internal teams effectively message new product features and policy decisions to our host audience.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of strategic communications and marketing backgrounds and experience collaborating with both technical and creative teams. This candidate will have a sharp understanding of email marketing, social, and in product marketing and be able to triage and create connections strategies within the right channels. He/She will bring a tremendous passion for Airbnb’s mission, empathy and understanding of our community and a go-getter approach. This role will bring together traditional product marketing and communications skills to promote trust and transparency; ultimately enabling stronger community connections.
- Own positioning and launch communications plans for new features, products and corporate/community updates.
- Establish marketing/engagement goals for key announcements and campaigns. Develop KPI and measurement frameworks.
- Develop project and announcements and write strategic communications.
- Working in partnership with data scientists, identify the key audiences and segments to focus on, and build plans that support these goals.
- Work in partnership with channel owners (Community Center, blog, social, CX, email) to define editorial approach and messaging, then manage campaign-related feedback to the business to inform decision-making and future comms.
- Develop proactive and reactive communications plans and manage cross functional channel owners.
- Responsible for reporting out on key reach and engagement metrics as well as relevant business metrics. Partner with ops team to manage & distribute sentiment dashboards, both announcement-specific and ongoing.
- Champion the community and user in all decisions
- Oversee creative collaboration between product design, content strategy, and marketing teams
- Serve as both an individual contributor and a cross functional leader
- 8+ years experience in marketing or communications, at world class tech company or startup. Experience in platform or community-driven businesses a plus.
- Best-in-class verbal and written communicator. Strong writing background and editorial acumen a must.
- Ability to work within a matrix, solve problems and influence cross-functional teams
- Experience managing cross functional teams
- Been exposed to product strategy, design and development principles and processes
- Managed creative agencies and led creative production
- Conducted, synthesized and applied user insights, research and testing to marketing strategy
- Passion for Airbnb. Airbnb Host preferred.