Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodation around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether a flat for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries.
In your role as Platform Engagement Manager, you will work as part of the overall PMO and Engagement team, owning the relationship between Community Support and the platform team (Payments, Trust, Legal). The ultimate goal of the Platform Engagement Manager is to drive alignment between Community Support and the platform teams by developing and managing an ongoing interaction model that encourages mutual contribution to long-term planning and continuous feedback.
To achieve this, you should have a solid foundation in a range of business areas (including operations, strategy, finance, data analytics and product), and be able to build credibility with internal and external audiences through your presence and communication skills.
You will work hand-in-hand with Service Managers and Product Managers to transform requests from the Platform teams into tangible service design initiatives that help the business achieve their goals while delighting our guests and hosts. Specific core responsibilities include:
- Influencing Long-Term Planning: You will collaborate with the businesses to develop and describe critical long-term projects that advance the business’s objectives as well as those of Community Support.
- Managing Community Support Stakeholder Relationships: You will identify and liaise Community Support stakeholders whose input and collaboration is necessary to achieve business goals.
- Leading Business Partnerships: You will lead partnerships with the platform teams, joining their Senior Leadership and Executive Staff on an ongoing basis to establish meaningful connectivity across organizations. You will work jointly with business and platform teams to guide the businesses and Community Support through changing priorities.
- Representing Community Support Leadership: You have a proven ability to anticipate needs for the future and are a seasoned innovator. You as seen as an expert in the work and how to navigate the Community Support organization and are a role model for other individual contributors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA (or equivalent Master’s Degree) beneficial
- Significant and progressive experience (a minimum of 12 years), navigating complex or matrixed environments
- Experience in strategy or management consulting, finance, or product management
- Experience presenting ideas to executives and industry leaders
- Experience creating written and visual materials to explain and synthesize complex ideas
- Experience managing multiple programs in a fast-paced tech environment preferred
- Experience in business operations preferred