Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Director of Community Support (CS) Operations - EMEA
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodation around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether a flat for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries.
We are looking for a strong operations leader who embraces diversity and inclusion, and is familiar with a complex fast-paced operations environment for our EMEA Community Support (CS) Operations Director role. To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable with ambiguity an ever-growing organization, and be passionate about the customer experience. Reporting to the Global Director of Internal Operations and based in Dublin, Ireland, the Director will be someone who is aligned to our core values and leads teams in an open and transparent way. As a leader in the Dublin office, this role will also help set the tone and drive Airbnb’s culture within the office. The role will be responsible for service delivery in the EMEA across multiple sub-teams, including Safety, Claims, Regulatory Response, Social Media, Payments, Escalations, and any new services developed or integrated.
The role involves setting team goals, policies and best practices, as well as working with counterparts in NA and APAC, and the Global Director of Internal Operations. The role will manage the internal CS team in the region, and will also be an active member of the Dublin site leadership team, driving key initiatives across the site to ensure that it continues to evolve in line with our values and business goals. The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for Airbnb and our community.
Leadership, Employee Engagement, Wellness:
- Ensure employee engagement within the CS teams in the EMEA by creating supportive connections within the whole team and utilizing effective and open communication to help translate the mission of Airbnb into meaningful and clear goals.
- Manage and support the Regional Operations Managers to design and influence employee experience programs as needed.
- Maintain responsibility for team structure, recruiting, onboarding and training by working with CS leadership, direct reports and other business partners in Employee Experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience in an operations role.
- Experience leading customer-facing or operations teams of 100+ employees.
- Track record of delivering results, as well as supportive, considerate, responsible, and inclusive leadership to an organization.
Strategy & Planning:
- Translate company goals into clear and comprehensive directives for team. Support and grow direct reports as they implement new directives.
- Stay ahead of the growth and business direction and ensure that operations in the EMEA are set up for success.
- Keep an active look out for risks, potential gains and issues to anticipate advancements and opportunities to advance the teams’ goals.
- Support various leaders of Business Functions, Markets and Service Managers to determine best strategic customer programs and locations for the future growth in the EMEA.
- Liaise with Director of Partner Management for CS on the regional partner strategy and support the growth of partner network within the EMEA region.
- Work with CS Support Products (SuP) engineering teams to be a strong source of feedback for customer needs and gaps. Ensure that any barriers to excellent service are understood and shared with product team via Customer Voice programs.
- Highlight with the Local Supply team any barriers to users in the EMEA adopting or using Airbnb for their accommodation rental or needs.
- Productivity, Quality, net promoter score (NPS), Escalation Rate, SLAs, Backlog Aging etc.
- PartnerWork with global teams to understand root cause of performance challenges and drive a philosophy of continuous business improvement.
- Monitor costs and losses across the EMEA operations teams.
- Lead and/or participate in Operations-specific and/or company wide projects that may be assigned by leadership.
- Seasonal or Special projects based on the needs of the team or the customer.
- Provide guidance on serious escalations in the local timezone, connecting with colleagues in NA or APAC as required.
Skills and Competencies - Desired
- Leadership development - Coach direct reports to become “Ultimate Hosts” as leaders for their own direct reports.
- Inspiring Teams - Champion Airbnb’s Mission of “Belong Anywhere” to help teams understand how their work contributes to end goals. Work with direct reports to create team cohesion and fulfillment.
- Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills - Ability to look at each problem or data set from different angles to find innovative and/or simple solutions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Ability to take what is available and build with it. It’s not a problem, it’s a challenge.
- Financial Prowess - Be a Cereal Entrepreneur and ensure that we are using our resources to the best result possible. Show skills in managing budgets and handling forecasts.
- Simplify - Able to see through complexity to find the best path forward.
- Embrace the adventure with peers, partners, and teams and using inclusive communication skills to cultivate professional relationships with key partners.
- Use innovative channels of communication to keep teams up-to-date with day-to-day changes in expectations and goals that are relevant to their roles.
- Be a team player focused on what is right for our community, and Airbnb.
Skills and Competencies - Nice to have
- Multilingual skills a bonus to interact throughout the EMEA region
We strive to achieve our mission of building a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and that starts with our own employees.
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply. Apply now