Head of HRIS
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.The Head of HRIS is responsible for providing leadership, planning, project management for the design and oversight of HRIS initiatives in support of organizational goals and practices. This person will serve as the domain expert of all modules in Workday HCM, security administration, business process design, compensation setup, benefits, integrations, end user experience, reporting and analytics.Are you passionate about making HRIS the true system of record?Do you believe in manager self-service? Is clean data a source of pride?We're looking for someone who is excited to own and execute a strategy where Workday is adopted internally like our product is externally.
What you'll do:
- Own and develop the strategic direction/roadmaps of the HCM domain and team for a rapidly scaling organization
- Direct HRIS strategic and tactical planning, business process re-engineering, optimization, and system strategy for maximum functionality
- Lead Workday governance and support model according to PMP
- Develop and integrate technical solutions for internal business partners
- Lead, develop, drive and oversee the planning and testing of key activities for system upgrades: conversion of data onto HRIS (in the case of acquiring new divisions and programs), implementation of new system upgrades, interface with other systems and locations, and communicating of system downtime to appropriate parties
- Develop, maintain, and communicate best practice documentation
- Develop and maintain awareness of HR data security and align with policies and procedures
- Leads and drives the delivery of high-quality maintenance, improvements, and project initiatives by coordinating with functional and technical staff, leads system-related projects and initiatives (such as, new releases, adoption, and implementation of new functionality, and business process changes) in HR and Payroll, including implementation, review, and testing prior to go-live.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of Workday Advisory engagements for a variety of clients including process design, package implementation lifecycle support, and project reviews
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or related area
- 10+ years experience with HRIS, 5+ years Workday HCM experience
- 7+ years supervisory experience
- Expert knowledge of the Workday data model, security, integrations, reporting, and data load procedures
- Highly skilled in implementing, configuring and maintaining HRIS/HCMS applications
- Ability to communicate effectively and utilize social and interpersonal skills both formally and informally to effectively perform multiple tasks and constantly changing priorities
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.