Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for people to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in New York City, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for ambitious people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we're looking for people who are passionate about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles and needs.
The Cash Operations Associate will be one of the first employees on the Brex Cash operations and business team, and will support the scaling of our financial operations. Cash is Brex’s newest product, and presents an incredible opportunity to grow and develop a new line of business for the company. The team is responsible for building and leading external partnerships, business and customer performance, and owning critical operations to run and balance Brex Cash. We partner across the organization with Product, Engineering, Data, Finance, and Sales to help drive strategy and success. We are thoughtful, technically-inclined and analytically-minded. We don’t sweat the small stuff and like to get things done. We hope you do too.
- Partner closely with internal and external business teams to solve challenges of scale and expanded service offerings
- Develop a deep understanding of our processes, customer usage, partner systems, define metrics and help business teams implement in their workflows
- Develop key processes and automation, demonstrating findings from existing teams along with outstanding attributes of the Cash product
- Research and recommend actionable solutions to unstructured business problems based on complex data
- Drive down inefficiencies in our business workflows and implement root-cause solutions
- Generate and maintain reports and dashboards for monitoring and evaluation
- Inform our data science, product, and engineering teams of broader business needs and priorities
What We Value
- Experience: Your experience in operations management within FinTech and/or traditional finance will enable you to contribute quickly. If you’ve also worked with deposits, payments, or asset management business, even better.
- Communication: We value direct communication and asking thoughtful questions. We will work with multiple partners and will collectively arrive at the best outcomes when sharing and partnering. Some of your strengths include your ability to lead multiple projects and clear communication.
- Analytical: We will be directly responsible for scaling Brex Cash and driving efficiency through analytics. You may need to use analytical languages (e.g., SQL, R), along with strong analytical (Excel) and visualization tools (tableau, looker, in-house tools) to monitor and improve the business operations.
- Solution-Oriented: You will own and build analytical frameworks, identify problems, and most meaningfully, resolve data-oriented problems. You are driven by outcomes and are able to clearly present your work internally and externally.
- Creative Thinking: We are building a new business line at Brex, which will mean many changes and opportunities to have an impact. You will work both within the operations team and with your counter-parties across Brex to develop and consider creative solutions to help us grow.