At Airbnb, if there’s anything related to money, it comes to the Payments team. We are building a world-class payments and commerce organization - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, processes multiple billions of dollars, and empowers more people to participate in our global marketplace.
About the Role
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
Our Payments organization has five programs:
- Payments platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value,
- Commerce platform - fueling growth for our business,
- Compliance & Ops - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
- Foundation - scaling our systems and infrastructure, and
- Professional Services - ensuring strategic alignment with our business customers.
This role is in our Payments platform program. The Payments Platform PM will be responsible for building and scaling services related to Airbnb’s network of external payment partners. You’ll work closely with cross-functional stakeholders and engineers to define, prioritize, and deliver product enhancements that optimize Airbnb’s payment partner network.
- Five + years building payments in a product management or program management role
- Technical background - experience as an engineer, data scientist, or payment operations
- Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to work directly with engineers on detailed requirements and prioritization decisions while also communicating with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders on product features
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build high quality platform products at scale
- Global perspective - experience with global payment methods outside of credit cards
- Operations - understands the mutually beneficial relationship between technology and operations, and can efficiently invest in each