HotelTonight, an Airbnb company, makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay, we’re looking for a Senior Manager of Email Marketing to help us reach out to millions of guests and potential guests.
This person will be responsible for the email channel, one of the most important marketing channels at HotelTonight and a significant driver of business. At HotelTonight, email marketing has 3 key goals: help build the brand and inspire wanderlust by showcasing the best hotels on our platform, drive engagement with our app and website through ongoing product marketing, and contribute toward overall company performance.
You have the analytical chops to understand all the levers in the email program and a great design eye to guide the team to create compelling content. You’re also excited about email as a marketing channel, have a vision about what makes an email program great, and what we should do to raise the bar.
This position is a managerial role overseeing internal and external agency resources, and is based in our San Francisco office.
Within one month you will:
- Understand HotelTonight’s email channel, the different categories of email we send, the collaborative process involved in developing the calendar, and when/how/why we use dynamic content technology
- Understand our business, the different channels and drivers of performance
- Understand the different customer segments and their respective booking needs
Within three months you will:
- Take ownership of the email channel’s performance to ensure we are meeting weekly/monthly goals
- Increase personalization within email program based on customer insights segmentation
- Independently lead ideation, scoping, development, and execution of initiatives that directly contribute toward performance
Within 12 months you will:
- Lead the email program, setting the overall strategy of the email program within the larger overall CRM goal of driving long-term engagement and loyalty
- Understand levers that drive long-term email program health and performance, and be able to build an annual program forecast and the roadmap needed to meet that forecast
What we’re looking for in you:
- 8+ years of recent email, CRM and/or lifecycle marketing experience, ideally with strong B2C brands
- 3+ years managing success through a team
- Hands-on experience and comprehensive working knowledge of a major ESP
- Ability to collaborate well cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excited about great marketing and partner well with Creative, Engineering, Data Science and Product partners