Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
This position is responsible for supporting the ongoing design, refinement and maintenance of our Sanctions compliance program, including user-facing product controls, monitoring systems, and supporting control infrastructure. This role helps to ensure that day-to-day Sanctions compliance controls and systems are maintained to a high standard, prepared to mitigate risks to the business, and ready for regulatory examinations.
- Assist in the maintenance of Airbnb Sanctions’ program design, management and audit framework.
- Maintain the Airbnb Sanctions Program framework through the implementation and enhancement of comprehensive policies and procedures
- Work closely with Compliance Product Managers, Engineers and Data Science to define product requirements and closely manage sanctions systems development and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Sanctions Operations team to understand evolving trends and risks and the effectiveness of our Sanctions controls, workflows and supporting systems
- Support the efforts of the Sanctions Program Risk Assessment.
- Ensure compliance risks are identified and raised for consideration to the Sanctions Program Manager, or CCO, as appropriate.
- Assist the Sanctions Program Manager and QA Manager with audits and exam document requests related to the Sanctions program
- Assist the manage and maintain metrics to monitor control effectiveness, and ensure management has 24/7/365 visibility of the health of the Sanctions programs Requirements
- 4+ years experience in related field (financial institutions or financial service providers or sanctions)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Equivalent
- Previous Sanctions Compliance Experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL
- In depth experience in data visualization tools ie. Tableau, Chartist, Keynote, G-Slides
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Good project discipline, operating as part of a team or across teams to reach agreement to the enterprise view of the data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills