Airbnb is the world's largest marketplace for space, and we keep getting bigger every day with over 100M nights booked per year and counting. To support the rapid growth in our business and better serve the needs of our business globally, we are building a new engineering team in Dublin, our EMEA headquarters, partnering closely with its sister teams in Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
Airbnb Community Support (CS) is dedicated to building the world’s most loyal travel community through exceptional service, by ensuring our guests and hosts have the help they need, 24/7, and 365 days a year.
Support Products is the technology team responsible for the entire CS tech stack, across self-solve, customer contact, and CS specialist tooling.
Some example projects we have shipped:
- A new real-time messaging channel for contacting Community Support
- An advanced ticket routing system to match user issues against available customer service agent skills
- Analytical data pipelines for monitoring performance, stability, and tool usage
Being co-located with a large group of our internal user base, our product feedback loop is immediate and we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place.
- Design, implement, and scale services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps
- Define and evolve observability and maintainability best practices for our mission-critical customer service technology stack
- Work with data scientists and business analysts to define, capture, and use real-time event data for business insights and product features
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering teams to participate in, validate, and evolve how we build, test, and deploy code in a distributed Service-Oriented Architecture
- Alter existing and develop new data access and protection patterns to ensure our community’s personal data is safe and secure, at scale
- 5+ years of industry experience in Backend, or Full-Stack engineering.
- Proven history of working with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration
- Experience solving complex business problems with solid engineering solutions. Bonus points for integration of solid integration of in-house and vendor technology, and ability to articulate the trade offs involved.
- Passion for creating a highly effective technology platform for our growing global workforce
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.