As an Account Executive focused on our existing clients at Stripe, you’ll develop and drive commercial strategy for our largest users. You’ll proactively consult with them to identify upsell opportunities and manage complex contract renewals. You are an adept relationship builder and salesperson, capable of engaging in business and product conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including executive and operational-level decision makers. You can lead a complex, multi-party deal process in a highly consultative manner. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge.
We’re looking for someone who can manage strategic discussions focused on driving revenue for both our users and Stripe – and who enjoys building, as you’ll actively participate in the evolution of our team, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of tools and assets as we scale to serve a growing number of accounts.
- Retain and increase revenue and share of wallet with upper middle market and enterprise accounts.
- Work with company leaders across multiple functions (finance, engineering, product) to identify new opportunities, lead complex product workshops and conduct financial analyses.
- Lead commercial negotiations with your clients and manage the contract renewal process.
- Develop a strong understanding of our product and industry to consult with your accounts, helping them expand to new markets and introduce new business lines.
- Build and maintain relationships with executives and decision makers within your accounts.
- Partner with Account Managers to develop account plans and strategies to drive growth within existing accounts.
- Contribute to team projects that will further shape and refine our sales process.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing, revenue generating role.
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements.
- Ability to understand complex business and technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products.
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your relevant background and interests.
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) or your resume.