At Glovo, we are expanding our engineering team significantly as we aim to make everything accessible to anyone, anywhere. We will be creating new teams, new technologies and taking our engineering capabilities to the next level. To help us on this mission, we are looking for a strong engineering manager - for the Barcelona engineering team - that will help provide leadership and drive the delivery of projects within the team. This is a senior, high impact position as you will be responsible for a key area aiming to deliver on the priorities and projects while growing your team and their capabilities. Your priority is your team and you will be their backbone of support. We don’t have much hierarchy at Glovo as we want teams to be autonomous and drive their own decision making so you will need to be self driven yet understand when to reach out for help. You will have strong leadership skills and understand what makes engineers tick. You also enjoy seeing your team members grow and helping them achieve their goals and enjoy mentoring and coaching. Coming from an engineering background, you will also have the technical chops to design & architect systems that are scalable and maintainable and thrive on seeing good, high quality code.q
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Lead a team of 8-10 engineers and be responsible for the growth and happiness of the team members
- Be accountable for all things in your team including delivery of projects, quality of the implemented solutions, hiring and the performance of your team
- Work closely with the product manager of your team to prioritise the right things and ensure engineering needs are also being worked on
- Make sure your team is building things the right way and always keeping quality at the forefront of what you do
- Be the contact point for your team and ensure you shield your team from distractions while still keeping them informed of the priorities
- Lead by example and motivate your team while bringing in new ideas on how to improve their way of working
- A degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and coaching/mentoring engineers
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering role and agile environment
- You have delivered on complex, large scale projects
- You are data driven, self motivated and understand the importance of owning the work you do and its quality
- You are capable of being hands on when needed and can help the team in technical discussions where it makes sense
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/