Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Capacity Planning Manager is essential to supporting our community by ensuring we have the correct staffing levels to support all service needs globally across a workforce of 10K+ service agents and a capacity budget in excess of $350M.
Accountable for the capacity forecast and attributed budget updates including hiring plans and costs.
You'll play a key role in building scalable staffing levels and managing multiple site staffing plans to service Airbnb hosts and guests across the globe. You'll be analyzing data, identifying trends, and building relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
You will partner cross functional teams including Data Science, SuP, Partner management and regional workforce planning managers to drive delivery and performance. You will lead on partnerships with Data science looking strategically at capacity planning and its evolution harnessing the technology and experience in Airbnb to take capacity planning to the next level.
- Manage capacity planning across all internal and outsourced centers and across all tiers
- Analyze data and performance metrics to identify opportunities to operate more effectively and efficiently
- Produce monthly forecasts to track actuals and forecast emerging changes and trends owning the process for managing stakeholders to ensure operational changes are made
- Periodically refresh weekly contact arrival patterns to ensure accurate monthly distribution
- Periodically review models used by tier, language, speciality to look for improvement opportunities and to ensure fit for purpose
- Manage the communication process surrounding capacity planning including key stakeholder walkthrough sessions and wider stakeholder general communications taking a very structured and stakeholder focussed view communications
- Communicate clearly and effectively the component part changes that have driven headcount and budget changes systematically from inbound demand change through to operating KPI changes to ensure changes to hiring or performance management can be accepted and implemented
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- 5-7 years experience managing a complex/distributed global support networks
- Experience with Genesys WFM preferred
- Ability to learn & manage multiple technical systems
- Proactive problem solver; able to see big picture and streamline current processes while planning for long-term growth
- Effective communicator and relationship builder
- Able to travel to other offices nationally and internationally on occasion
- Solid knowledge of Excel. Willing to learn SQL basics.