Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
Our Community Support Team is growing and we want you to be part of it!
The Community Support China Quality Manager is responsible for the day to day execution and management of the global Quality program in China (onshore and offshore). This role will report directly to the APAC Regional Quality Manager. The China Quality Manager will execute on the designed quality strategy and help implement a world-class quality framework that will drive consistency in the community support experience we deliver across the globe.
The China Quality Manager will provide in-region management to QI Partner Lead and Quality Insights Analysts in their region. They will manage the execution of the global Quality program within China (onshore and offshore) at both partner and internal sites, in cooperation with the China Lead reporting to them. They will be responsible for driving China performance through Quality initiatives. This will range from helping to develop site-specific action plans to help drive up NPS, to new site launches and specific development of Quality projects for each site to drive crewbie performance.
The China Quality Manager will also help support China Partner Management and internal Ops leadership, by providing in-region support for escalated issues beyond the scope of the Ops and Partner Quality Leads.
- Execute and help drive the Airbnb global quality strategy and implementation framework within the established region.
- Leverage market knowledge to ensure China Quality program is developed for China specific market sensitivities.
- Support in-region implementation of the necessary Quality processes, support structure and quality metrics in line with Industry best-practices (e.g. COPC) that drive performance.
- Provide in-region Quality representation to other shared services teams ensuring quality is an integral part of the continuous improvement framework in CS Operations.
- Set the high bar standard in-region to help develop a culture where quality is a core principle of CS operations and is advocated by all.
- Provide in-region reporting on quality program status, performance, hiring, onboarding and outcomes to the APAC Regional Quality Manager on a regular basis.
- Develop a fully trained, high performing, motivated and empowered in region Quality team.
- Ensure the proper Quality team support of the in-region launch of a new service Partner.
- Work with Partner Management teams in-region to address escalated issues, dips in performance and the rollout of new Quality initiatives to drive performance.
- Taking Initiative - You are a self-motivated, driven individual that works well under limited supervision.
- Building and Nurturing Engaged Teams - You have the ability to engage teams performance in the pursuit of excellence by setting the high bar of Quality performance.
- Prioritizing our Community - You employ basic prioritization and decision-based skill making with the ability to drive initiatives based on priority of impact to our community.
- Collaborating - You have the ability to cultivate collaborative relationships across all levels within the organization and outsource partner/suppliers.
- Demonstrating Business Acumen - You have a willingness to learn and develop the business acumen to have a basic understanding of the organization at a deeper level to help influence positive change.
- Motivating - You have excellent people management skills and the ability to develop strong leadership skills. Proven track record of driving team performance.
- Solving Problems - You have critical-thinking skills and the ability to deliver data-driven insights from quality initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in contact center quality assurance in a large organization (preferably geographically diverse or global) and ideally, COPC certified
- 3+ years in a QA leadership position with a track record of successful delivery
- A working understanding of end-to-end processes within customer service operations
- Comfortable working in a multi-site contact center environment with a mix of internal/in-source and outsource contact centers (onshore and offshore China)
- The ability to deliver and report on robust Quality initiatives with clear priorities and objectives for the future
- Ability to drive improvement projects with proven results
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills
- Must speak fluent Mandarin and English
- A mastery of Excel, Confluence, Tableau and Medallia preferred
- Deep working knowledge of all QA tools, terminology and COPC process
- Bachelor’s degree or above required