JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL Labs the People Business Partner (HRBP) acts as an employee champion and change agent. This position will work cross functionally and collaboratively to assess, anticipate and solve HR-related needs. This is a Senior level role on the team that reports directly to the President of Canada, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of HR for The Americas.
The ideal candidate will use past experience as a business partner, operator, advisor, and change agent to scale the process, analytics, and strategic plan aligned with the current and forecasted needs of the organization. This position is accountable for providing leadership, support, advocacy, and vision to our leadership team as well as architecting, scaling, and executing Human Resource efforts.
- Provide strategic guidance and HR thought leadership to all levels of the organization
- Provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees, proactively and when employee relations issues arise
- Partner with the People team on Learning & Development, Compensation and Operations to inform design and implementation of people programs.
- Provide data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs
- Work with the business on various manager development programs
- Support the business through compensation reviews, talent development, performance management, employee relations, organizational design, and more.
- Drive the overall HR integration strategy, hands on and leading planning and execution
- Identify and advise on opportunities, risks, trends related to HR
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of HR / business partnering experience - strong preference for this experience to be in a highly matrixed environment and have demonstrated success across multiple roles.
- Strong business acumen, familiar with the competitive talent environment and the agility needed to stay on top in that environment.
- Ability to build effective, influential partnerships with executive level leadership - as well as strong relationship building skills with all levels of the organization.
- Examples of implementing people support in a fast-changing environment, building to scale thoughtfully and intentionally.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with the ability to facilitate team building, develop effective partnerships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels to accomplish goals.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, presentation and follow-up skills.
- Proven experience running reports and knowing what the numbers mean.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- A sense of humor and a real passion for all things HR related.
- A passion for constantly improving your craft and implement processes that create efficiencies and streamline processes.
- A can-do attitude and ability to work collaboratively.
- A hit-the-ground running plan for launching HR campaigns.
- BA or Masters degree strongly preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of Toronto, one of the world’s greatest cities