Bolt is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 25+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a transport platform to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
We are looking for a Public Policy Manager to join Bolt's team and cover Central and Eastern Europe. You will be the key point of contact for local teams, protecting the business from damaging legislation, regulation and administration at a national, regional and EU national level.
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
What you'll be doing:
- Management and mitigation of political, regulatory and legislative risk
- Design and execution of public affairs strategy including timeline for engagement with KPIs
- Comprehensive stakeholder mapping: assist in-country business units with identifying key stakeholders among elected officials, civil servants, third party groups; ensuring that information is kept current
- Message crafting and localization
- Drafting of position papers, submissions, ‘leave-behinds’, consultation papers and oral advocacy materials, as required
- Oral advocacy and effective representation of Bolt in meetings with stakeholders
- Co-primary ownership of relationship with regulatory authorities in operational markets
- Maintenance of relationships with 3rd party groups including NGOs, civil society groups, passenger, commuter and safety organizations
- Representing Bolt in relevant industry associations
- Establish effective relationships with policy-making and regulatory stakeholders in target markets
- Instruct and manage consultant public affairs agencies, freelancers and legal counsel as required
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a public affairs/ public policy capacity. You may not describe yourself as a lobbyist but you have worked in a professional capacity influencing and changing legislation, regulation and administrative procedure.
- This is a not a job for a career changer, nor for an enthusiastic amateur. The successful candidate is likely to come from working for an elected official or with a civil service department, regulatory agency, public affairs agency or might be an in-house in a public policy role, ideally in the tech or transport verticals
- Experience of legislative and regulatory processes on a multi-jurisdictional basis
- While not a communications or PR role, an understanding of how political developments impact the media cycle, and vice versa
- Demonstrable successes in public affairs
- The ability to work and create an advocacy agenda in accordance with a strategic governance framework
- An excellent writer and communicator
- The ability to relate public affairs activity to underpin the commercial operations of a business
- Confident, articulate, organized, resilient
- Educated to degree level, likely with some postgraduate
- Formal legal training in advisory or litigation functions could be helpful but not a prerequisite. Transaction support lawyers, don’t waste your time
- Good political networks in some operational markets in region are an advantage; ability to develop networks a requirement
- Experience of and the confidence to represent Bolt to Cabinet level policy-makers
- Business standard written and spoken English
- Additional languages a distinct advantage
- Motivating compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognise that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 30+ countries around the world.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!