Bolt is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 35+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building the future of transport – one platform that helps you move around in your city and get food delivered fast. Quick, convenient and affordable for everyone, as transport should be.
We believe that we are entering a new phase of digital transformation that will disrupt one of the most important consumer services - payments and banking. We are already the digital partner of choice for transportation and food services on two continents and we’d like to extend our offering to make sure our customers get the best deal when doing their daily transactions.
Come and help us transform the world of banking in Europe and Africa!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with CTO on designing and building Bolt’s digital banking systems from scratch, with focus on core banking, interbank clearing systems and much more
- Solving complex tasks and defining a robust architecture of growing digital banking components
- Coding mostly in Node.js and TypeScript (previous experience with Node.js is a plus but is not required)
- Write simple and complex SQL queries keeping performance and data size in mind
- Developing secure REST APIs
- Be part of diverse, international and agile team delivering mission critical features on a daily basis
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap
We are looking for people who have experience with building REST APIs, understand transactionality and are able to deliver highly secure, reliable and maintainable code.
Previous experience with the digital banking solutions is highly welcomed (bank core, deposits, acquiring, cards, authentication, lending). Our values are using common sense instead of hard rules, automating all repetitive and non creative tasks and doing cool stuff every day.
- Experience in developing architecture of digital banking systems
- Experience in Node.js / C++ /Java or any OO language
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction in building banking software
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with any SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Excellent English and communication skills
You’ll get extra credit for:
- Experience with micro-service and distributed systems
- Interest in real-time and asynchronous systems
- Familiarity with any cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Google app engine)
- Great compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Working in one of the coolest offices in Tallinn – ping-pong table, free snacks/drinks
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Monthly Bolt credit for rides
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 30+ countries around the world.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!