Senior Software Engineer (Charlotte,NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What will you do?
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to a wide variety of projects that power our business and help deliver value to our members.
- We have a wide array of challenges — from building scalable systems to support new product features, decomposing our legacy application into microservices that can work in concert to help our members, to launching new experiences on both desktop and mobile web.
- You'll with our Product Design teams to build ETL data models and data pipelines to feed Machine Learning Models.
- You’ll be a member of a small cross-functional scrum team and get involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- You’ll work closely with Security Engineers, Product Design, and other Platform Teams and be in charge of the development of your product features--you'll figure out how they should be architected, design the DB schema, write the code, write the unit tests, and make sure that loose ends are tied up.
- You'll determine feasibility of data design flows and document solutions.
- We are a growing Engineering team, yet we offer a great deal of autonomy and flexibility.
- Identifying ways to improve our technology and process
- Participating in code and technical design reviews
What’s Great About it
- You’ll have a leading role in achieving a great mission: helping people reach their financial goals
- You'll have lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and tackle brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
What do we expect?
- 6 to 8+ years of professional experience in at least one dynamic server-side language: Java/Core Java/J2EE, Scala, PHP, Ruby, Python, or similar
- A solid foundation in OOP and SOLID design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and Linux operating systems.
- 2+ years experience in GCP/AWS Cloud technologies
- Strong understanding of deployment strategies and production infrastructure needs.
- Extensive experience in application scalability at any application tier.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- You bring a strong sense of empathy, while still being able to challenge the status quo.
- You're comfortable moving fast, and agile.
- Opinionated and still able to compromise.