Get to know the team:
- The Malaysia Platform Safety team supports Grab’s business verticals and operations in Malaysia and is responsible for all safety-related aspects of the platform. Through continual development and innovation to the business processes, policies and products, we are committed to making Grab safer every day as it becomes the everyday super-app in the region. As a team, we also help influence the overall strategic direction of the company by supporting the top management with safety insights and advisory.
- If being constantly on the move and problem-solving excites you, this is the role for you. Successful candidates will work on multi-dimensional and cross-functional projects, with our regional teams and external partners to tackle real-time issues, to deliver the safest experience for all our users on our platform.
Job Role and Purpose:
- Steer leadership and management teams along with the organization’s safety mission and principles
- Develop internal and external user safety policies and processes
Key Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
As a Platform Safety Assistant Manager (Operations), your area of focus:
- You are responsible for tracking, analyzing and presenting data, as well as monitoring the safety KPIs in Malaysia to benchmark our safety performance and standards.
- You will support the operationalization of new technological and product developments that are rolled out to enhance the safety of our users - from drivers to passengers, merchants to eaters and vice versa.
- You will support the team’s strategic projects and partnerships that are aimed to develop early preventive measures to improve our safety standards and shape the overall safety culture of the community.
- You will work cross-functionally and understand the country’s business objectives to provide customized safety advisory and solution, with the ultimate goal of steering leadership and management teams along with the organization’s safety mission and principles.
- You will implement the safety audit roadmap that is premised on industry best practices and recommendations from safety accreditation bodies.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Minimally bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience in operations.
- An analytical mindset to identify and critically analyze quantitative and qualitative patterns that are associated with safety trends.
- The ability to present data comprehensively and accurately, with the drive to execute on actionable findings.
- The breadth of thought to develop a variety of complex policies and procedures with minimal guidance to prevent and mitigate safety risks.
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Ability to think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions.
- Able to balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data required. Self-starter attitude is a must.
- The flexibility to work cross-functionally, independently or virtually in a minimally structured and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional Excel/ data management skills.