Get to know our Team:
- As a member of our GrabFamily, not only will your skill sets be capitalized but you will also develop your untapped potential and be inspired by some of the most amazing minds in the industry
- Part of the Central Operations Team for GrabFood Indonesia which supports overall Operational activities for the rapidly growing GrabFood business, across all cities in Indonesia
- Team works closely with GrabFood leadership team, to design, build, implement and improve operational processes that support and strengthen the business
Get to know the Role:
- Your main responsibility is to ensure that all our markets in Indonesia operate as efficiently as possible - making sure that all eaters are served 100% of the time and are served at the fastest time possible.
- You will be in charge of understanding each city's local operations and be responsible for proposing initiatives that will improve our GrabFood courier-partners' operations.
- Using strong analytical and problem solving skills and business acumen to properly identify other opportunities that the business can further focus on to ensure fulfillment targets are achieved.
- What is the right radius of our service? How do we make sure that courier-partners go to hotspots during peak hours? How do we optimize courier-partners' performance within a limited budget? Those are the types of problems you will be solving.
- Work closely with in-country / city teams and regional stakeholders within Operations, Product and Marketing Teams to ensure best practices are shared and executed upon.
The day-to-day activities:
- Analytics - Strong analytical and data driven insights are musts. You will be dealing with a lot of complex data and you should be able to wrangle it on your own and translate them into actionable insights.
- Experimentation - You must have prior experience in setting up and evaluating experiments. You need to be familiar with how to set-up A/B tests, pre-post and difference-in-difference analyses.
- Strong operational and problem solving skills - You need to have strong operational and problem solving skills in order to provide solutions to various operational inefficiencies.
- Create and implement tools and processes - You need to be able to create, implement, and scale tools and processes across different markets. A process or tool that works in one market may or may not work in another market -- you will be responsible for identifying and implementing what works.
- Business acumen - You need to have a good understanding of how the business works to identify other opportunities we can tap into. You need to have a solid understanding of all revenue and cost sources to be able to propose solutions that will improve the bottom line.
- Flexibility - You need to be flexible to any changes in timelines and direction. Grab is a dynamic organization and you need to be able to adapt and work fast at the same time .
- Leadership and ownership - You need to exhibit a strong sense of ownership and be able to drive a project from its inception until post-implementation. You will be leading multiple process improvement
projects with direct contact with senior executives in the organization.
- Stakeholder management - You will be dealing with people from different departments and you need to be able to balance each stakeholder’s interest. Aside from hitting operational metrics, you are expected to follow any budgets set on you by the Strategy and Planning team.
The must haves:
- Bachelor (and/or) degree and fluent in Bahasa and English.
- Must be able to use Excel and be comfortable analyzing large data sets. Knowledge of SQL/R/Python is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with start-up/tech, operations, e-commerce, marketing or management consulting background.
- Applicants must have a good balance of interpersonal and analytical skills to be successful.
- Applicants must demonstrate exemplary project and operations management skills, as well as an ability to combine big picture thinking with understanding details.
- Ability to work independently and deal effectively with complex, changing and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly to different stakeholders.
- Able to propose/ make key decisions or provide solid recommendations based on data & analytical thinking and insights.
- Entrepreneurial & resourceful – able to put on different hats; goal is to achieve targets with a “can-do” attitude.