Get to know our Team:
- The purpose of this role is to provide centralised FP&A support to both regional and country FP&A teams as part of the Centre of Excellence (COE) set up based in KL.
Get to know the Role:
- This role represents as extension of the wider FP&A teams as we look to implement a transformative program to streamline processes, enhance systems, improve support to enhance and strengthens business partnering with the various stakeholders the team supports.
- The role will support the strategic planning process, operational budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly reviews through the provision of reporting and data analytics support to the wider FP&A teams.
- Key success factors for this role includes an acute business and commercial acumen, strong Excel and modelling skills, a systematic and methodical mindset towards data and analytics, and the ability to work independently in a start-up environment.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning process through timely provision or data, reporting and analytics to the wider FP&A teams.
- Track and monitor actual KPIs and financial performance against budget / forecast and provide insights into opportunities and risks to the business teams in a timely manner.
- Create, manage and maintain high quality and timely reporting and analytical support to the wider FP&A team business support activities.
- Work closely with wider FP&A and Accounting team to help improve reporting process and tools (including but not limited to budgeting systems, management reporting systems and other financial reporting interfaces).
- Actively stay abreast of reporting requirements and building and supporting new and ad hoc reporting and data requirements.
- Explore enhancements and actively streamline processes towards greater efficiencies and operations of the COE.
- Any other businesses assigned in support of the wider FP&A team
The must haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or professional qualifications ACCA/CPA/CA.
- Advanced Excel skills in building complex financial models and exposure to ERP/Accounting systems.
- Experience with using TM1 system preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to build dashboards.
- SQL skills preferred but not compulsory.
- Ability to translate business requirements / queries into financial analysis and financial projections/models.
- More than 5 years of experience in financial/business analysis and supporting business teams.
- Control mindset, process driven and responsible to drive projects to completion.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong integrity and not afraid to raise concerns or highlight opportunities.