SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RECRUITING COORDINATOR – TEMPORARY POSITION (ENGINEERING)
As a Recruiting Coordinator at SpaceX, your primary responsibility is to schedule all candidate phone and onsite interviews, as well as, make sure that candidates have a great experience and successful interview day. You will also provide support to your recruiting team, which may include but is not limited to, greeting and touring candidates, assisting with administrative tasks throughout the hiring process, and helping recruiters identify top talent by participating in recruiting events or sourcing.
- Schedule phone and in person interviews
- Manage onsite interview logistics
- Learn about our business to the extent that enables you to speak intelligently about our rockets and spacecraft with candidates and client groups
- Ensure that all candidates have a positive experience while interviewing with SpaceX
- Assist the recruiting team with special projects as needed
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: 1st
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of professional experience in a marketing, human resources, sales, or customer service capacity
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Experience with Greenhouse or other applicant tracking system
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Microsoft Office tools
- Basic knowledge of personnel policy and procedure in accordance to federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects, be flexible to change, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team’s success
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior management, on one-to-one basis and in groups
- Capacity to learn and speak intelligently about our business and the space industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.