We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Senior Director of LCL Supply, and the LCL team will be responsible for LCL Network Development, Procurement & Partnerships, and Compliance.
- Lead the development of a cost & revenue model for the LCL Network to gain further insights into the economics of the business
- Develop a comprehensive process and playbook for launching new trade lanes and services
- Develop a framework to induct the global network of LCL vendors to operate on the Flexport platform using integrations and/or partner-app onboarding
- Develop & maintain quarterly KPI goals for the LCL vendors to be measured on and self manage
- Lead partnership with Shipco/vendors to leverage our relationship and better utilize these vendor relationships to be the launchpad for newer trade lanes
- Engage in continuous improvement efforts to improve the efficiency of the LCL network
- Develop processes to reduce (manual) operational complexity while improving service reliability
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience building a network business understanding the nuances of scale vs utilization
- Experience managing diverse teams across global geo’s orchestrating new lane and product launches
- Experience identifying, managing vendors/partners across global geo’s and developing enforceable service contracts
- Experience building & managing global P&L’s
- A vision for the impact that a well orchestrated freight network can have for the freight industry
- An insatiable obsession with simplifying processes
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.