Senior Web Engineer - App Platform Fabric
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.The App Platform Fabric team at Credit Karma enables our product engineering teams to build reusable experiences across multiple platforms (iOS, Android and Web) more efficiently. To accomplish this, the team has been tasked with building a front-end UI authoring and rendering system for all of our platforms. Your role will be a Senior Web Engineer on the Fabric team focusing on Mobile and Desktop Web experiences targeting most modern browsers. If you’re a well rounded, self motivated, and passionate developer who’s interested in creating flexible beautifully designed UI components then you might make a great fit for engineering at Credit Karma.*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What will you do?
- Be the technical leader of our Mobile and Desktop Web frameworks for Fabric.
- Work with the latest React frameworks, design patterns, and technologies.
- Work collaboratively with your engineering peers and product to enable our teams to ship great experiences to our members across all platforms.
- Support your team through technical discussions, code & technical design reviews, and architecture.
- Design metrics and dashboards to enable data-driven decisions.
What’s great about it?
- You’ll be immersed in a great mission and will help people learn about and improve their personal finances.
- You’ll learn a lot in the process through our strong focus on the art of engineering.
- You’ll be able to work on technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, great product design, and experimentation-driven product development.
- And, of course, you’ll have access to awesome perks!
What do we expect?
- Interest in designing, building, and optimizing reusable Web UI frameworks.
- At least 5 years of experience building reusable web components with progressive web designs. 1 year of prior React experience is preferred but not required if you can show similar experience in other frameworks and have a desire to learn React.
- Prior experience with idiomatic TypeScript and design patterns is a plus.
- Deep understanding of HTML5 and CSS.
- Understanding of Responsive & Progressive Web and Mobile design principles.
- Thoughtfulness and empathy while constantly challenging our current processes.
- Enjoy working through ambiguous problems with your team.
- Desire to mentor other engineers.
- Love of Web and Mobile products.