Test Engineer (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a multinational mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. We pride ourselves for championing free credit scores and from that our members have turned to us for everything related to their financial goals, including improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, doing their taxes and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,200 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.Credit Karma is looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Test Engineer at Credit Karma’s Charlotte, NC office you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our Web and mobile platform releases, specifically for our Tax team. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Team Members in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career with both manual and automated testing. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole
What Will You Do?
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers, etc. to release life changing products.
- Design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.).
- Help ensure your vertical's releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
- Pair with software engineers to identify coverage gaps, automate repeated tasks and build regression test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
- Awe your team by uncovering, or better yet preventing corner case defects
What's Great About It?
- You'll be able to use your amazing full stack (Front-end, API, backend/SQL) testing skills and experience to help us build better products.
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people improve their finances.
- You’ll learn a lot; and we value continued learning and development.
- You'll have the ability to introduce new tools and frameworks to your team.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What Do We Expect?
- Several years of hands on experience testing across application layers of Mobile and Web Applications.
- Strong foundation in usability, security and risk based testing strategies.
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (E.g. Java, Ruby, Python, SQL).
- Experience with industry frameworks/tooling (E.g. Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Rspec, Applitools, Junit/TestNg).
- Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure tools (E.g. Jenkins/CircleCI, AWS/GCP, etc)
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas.
- Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills; explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them even better.