The demand for communicating visual insights and data stories internally and externally at Airbnb has never been higher. However, designing and engineering accessible and effective visualizations or data applications is not trivial and requires expertise that spans data science, web engineering, and design.
The Data Experience team is a highly cross-functional team with an ambitious vision to own the intersection of these three areas In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to define how teams and users consume and interact with Airbnb data, elevate their experience when interacting with data, and enable them to make data-informed decisions.
Data Visualization Engineers will help build data-rich user interfaces, reusable visualization and UI components, and custom data visualizations to help our guests, hosts, employees, and the broader Airbnb community see and reason about data. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage our massive datasets, work with the latest web technologies including D3 and React, and influence products ranging from pricing & availability, to internal analytics, guest engagement and host quality.
- Build user interfaces, reusable visualization and UI components, and custom visualizations for communicating or exploring data.
- Collaborate with Data Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of data visualization products.
- Work with Full-stack Engineers to build APIs and features.
- Champion the relationship between Data Science, Design, and Product teams.
- Participate in user research, design critiques, and code reviews.
- Advocate for, or teach, best practices in data visualization.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about data visualization. Can comfortably design or critique visual representations of data or data interfaces.
- Solid UI or UX skills, with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying information. Effectively considers users with varying technical proficiency and data literacy levels.
- Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines, and how to work with them in practice.
- Motivated and able to work independently, with experience developing an idea into a polished product.
- Appreciation of good design and proven design sense, preferably with a portfolio of work you are excited to share.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance & disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...