Airbnb for Work is putting together a highly motivated Meetings and Events team to further the mission of providing new solutions for business travel, team building and offsite activities. Collectively with the team, you will be changing the event spaces experience in a thriving industry. The objective is to help create a new category of spaces, built on authentic experiences and where people are in focus. This role will be based in Paris, 12 months contract with possibility to extend.
The Host Development Manager (HDM) will work with the local and regional Airbnb Meetings & Events operations team and will focus on three main activities:
- Build and nurture a local host community: You will be working on building and nurturing a local host community focused on engaging Airbnb hosts through host education and community building (online and offline). The objective is to strengthen host loyalty and engagement and to create brand ambassadors/community leaders.
- Identifying and help onboarding new hosts: Take part in identifying and on-boarding individuals and/or companies (event hosts) that offer unique and high-quality event & meeting spaces. It also means supporting hosts with necessary assistance as they add relevant details about their space to the platform as well as ensuring hosts have a good experience once bookings start to come in.
- Supporting hosts with information on how to optimize the value of their listing in order to best showcase their spaces on our platform and to give guests a better experience when booking the space.
- The role will include face-to-face meetings, networking, calls, web-based demonstrations, online chat and email reach outs.
- You will be expected to share valuable insights gained from interactions with event hosts with the greater Airbnb Meetings and Events team. You will feed insight into the central Host Community team and other HDMs to build local/regional playbooks on how to grow and engage Airbnb Meetings and Events communities.
Skills & Competencies
- You deliberately practice active listening techniques and remain consistently engaged in conversations. You consider tone and other nonverbal cues to accurately grasp the whole message. You have the patience to let people fully express their thoughts without interruption.
- You communicate clear, relevant, and succinct information to the right people at the right time, in a way that reduces confusion and builds trust. You take the time to understand event hosts’ pain points, identify opportunities and pitch the value proposition.
- You quickly gain trust. You understand the important role relationships and strategic partnerships can play, and you cultivate these appropriately. You know when it's appropriate to persist, and when you should compromise when communicating the value of Airbnb to new hosts. You have a consultative approach.
- Accountable for managing and meeting individual metrics, as well as adherence to Airbnb terms and conditions.
- 3+ years’ experience within hospitality and community building
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships and inspire
- Strong networking capabilities, resourcefulness, humor, cultural sensitivity, and a go-getter attitude.
- Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure a solution
- Structured work profile with analytical sales skills and an ability to manage a large volume book of business, and prioritize hosts’ requests
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing startup environment.
- Ability to drive and support operational excellence, setup playbooks and share best practices.
- Knowledge of local, regional market (Paris and Regions).
- Demonstrating excellent communication fluent in English and French.
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Docs. Experience with Salesforce CRM for driving sales is a plus but not mandatory
- Professional experience with interior design or other creative tasks is a plus
- The successful candidate will be contracted through a “societe de portage salarial”.