● Maintain Subject Matter Expertise of your respective Specialization to successfully
complete core work and escalations
● Educate users on how to maintain security and safety while using Airbnb responsibly
● Investigate complex situations and potential brand risks surfaced in high volume queues
● Work with operational lead to support cross-functional groups to develop and enhance
internal policies and tools such as increasing automation, updating policies, and fixing
● Understand our risk systems and investigate account patterns
● Identify and escalate trends and product vulnerabilities to stakeholders
● Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
● Comprehensively document investigations
● Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the purpose of your
● Work with external Product vendors to enhance proactive and reactive risk detection as
an informing or collaborating task.
● Demonstrate great judgement and be open to sharing what you know with others.
This role requires building and maintaining relationships with the following stakeholders,
outside your Reporting line:
● Informing relationships with Shared Services, EPIC, Community Policy
● Content, Community Policy, Training, Quality, BPI (Service Optimization), ParMan, as
potential Cross-functional Areas of Focus*
*Cross-functional areas of focus formalize the subject matter expertise and points of contact
needed for non-Ops supporting teams—to streamline communication, monitor business
and tools, and to increase the capacity to which we make and push changes.
Technical Skill Requirements
● Familiarity with the Google suite: mail, docs, sheets, and slides
● Mac OS
● Experience with customer ticketing systems
● 1-2 years of experience within risk management, fraud prevention, or Trust and Safety
● Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work per week (40 hours), mutually
agreed with your Lead, which may include weekend days and public holidays.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to help our
community in a tactful and diplomatic manner. Ability to balance fraud prevention
alongside a positive customer experience.
● Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills, with an ability to organize
and work independently with rapidly changing priorities
● Self-motivated and detail oriented, with a focus on solutions and outcomes
● Strong investigative ability, due diligence, internet research, organizational, and analytical
● Ability to detect vulnerabilities in existing and new products or features, and anticipate the
ever-evolving fraudulent behaviors.
● Desire to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Ability to multitask, learn
and adapt to new technologies.
● Ability to remain calm in time sensitive situations, prioritize and respond to user and
cross-functional team needs.
● Ability to remove personal bias to focus on fact-based investigations and remain impartial
in sensitive situations involving users
● Ability to analyze data for patterns and draw conclusions and suggestions
● SQL, JSON, or equivalent experience with other coding languages is a plus
● Fluency in another language is a plus