At our core, Stripe is a company that was created by developers for developers. Stripe was founded on the premise of dramatically simplifying payments integrations, and today, that simplicity is what distinguishes us from our peers. The Integration Integrity team is responsible for ensuring that the millions of merchants on Stripe integrate in the best possible way for their business, and are confident in their integration choices. In this role, you will be responsible for both leveraging the wisdom of the Stripe network and our users to improve the developer experience of integrating with Stripe, and the quality of those integrations.
As the Product Manager on Integration Integrity, your mission is to help businesses confidently and easily integrate with Stripe, and then maintain and increase the value their Stripe integration provides them. You’ll drive metrics such as time to first payment, time to integrate, as well as developer experience satisfaction scores. Products within the Integration Integrity suite include the user-facing tools to design their integration upfront and then update their integration when needed. This role provides the opportunity to develop delightful developer experiences for Stripe’s core product.
- Be responsible for improving our users’ business metrics, as affected by their integration with Stripe, by enabling and driving the adoption of the payments capabilities that are most relevant to them, keeping them up-to-date with necessary and recommended changes, and ensuring that any integration edge cases or issues are quickly identified and addressed.
- Ensure that their checkout flows and payment initiations are compliant with relevant regulations and financial partnership rules (such as PCI compliance), and help merchants understand the value that Stripe is delivering.
- Track the development of all user-facing changes to Stripe products, as well as regulatory changes that might necessitate changes in our users’ integrations, and lead our efforts to help our users through that change.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with API or developer products and/or delivering great developer experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization to set industry standards around developer experience
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- Experience working on a large scale platform or infrastructure
- Experience using Stripe or other payments-related products
- A computer science, math, or science degree, software engineering experience, or other relevant education
- You’ve ever started or run a business before
- Expertise driving adoption of new products
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Guide to the onsite interview